Foundations of Yin Yoga: Teacher Training
January 26, 2023 - January 29, 2023$399
This workshop is designed to give the student and teacher a perspective into the theories behind the practice of yin yoga.
The syllabus includes:
- The history and foundations of yin yoga.
- Intro to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- The Anatomy of Yin Yoga
- Exploration of connective tissue and fascia.
- Compression vs. Tension
- Skeletal variations
- The poses of yin yoga
- Modifications of yin yoga poses
- Tips and tricks for the yin yoga teacher
This training is open to current yoga teachers who wish to spend the weekend immersed in all things Yin. You’ll leave this weekend with the foundation and ability to guide yourself and/or your students safely into a wide variety of yin poses.
Kelly has taught Yin Yoga since 2013 and has studied over 200 hours with Paul Grilley, Sarah Powers and yin yoga senior teacher Joe Barnett. This course qualifies as 20 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance.